WAYNE, PA – The annual Wayne Music Festival is nearly here, and we have details on the free event that you need to know.
The festival will be held from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, June 9 on North Wayne and West avenues.
Fifteen acts will perform during the festival's main portion, but there will be special performances after the festival is over Saturday night and even on Friday, June 8.
The main line up for Saturday is as follows:
- Transistor Rodeo, West Ave Stage, 2 p.m.
- Matt Santry, Lancaster Ave Stage, 2 p.m.
- New Sound Brass, N.Wayne Stage, 3 p.m.
- Jim Boggia, Lancaster Ave Stage, 4 p.m.
- K – Floor, West Ave Stage, 4 p.m.
- Rugby Road, N.Wayne Stage, 5 p.m.
- Under the Oak, Lancaster Ave Stage, 6 p.m.
- Stolen Rhodes, West Ave Stage, 6 p.m.
- Good Old War, N.Wayne Stage, 7 p.m.
- Hambone Relay, Lancaster Ave Stage, 8 p.m.
- The Samples, West Ave Stage, 8 p.m.
- Joan Osborne, N.Wayne Stage, 9 p.m.
Then at 10 p.m. the fireworks display will wow all in attendance.Subscribe
But the fun doesn't end with the fireworks. There are four acts performing at local establishments at 10:30 p.m.
- Wheelhouse, Great American Pub
- Triage, Teresa's
- K- Floor, 118 North
On Friday, there will be four preview performances, all starting at 9 p.m.
- Uncle Juan's Band, Great American Pub
- Ben Arnold, 118 North
Attendees will be able to peruse wares and services of about 100 vendors and enjoy offerings from area restaurants.
Now in its 15th year, the Wayne Music Festival is raising money for the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia through the Music Is Love Foundation.
Volunteering opportunities are available for the festival too.