EXTON, PA – Whole Foods Markets announced the new store in Exton will open on Jan. 18, so there is only a short amount of time to wait until shoppers can peruse the grocer's fresh products.
The company announced the opening date on Dec. 5.
The Exton store, which will be the Philadelphia area's ninth store, is located at 175 North Pottstown Pike.
Those champing at the bit to get inside the new location can attend a bread-breaking ceremony at 8:45 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 18 and will be greeted with door buster deals, as well as various product demonstrations and samples.
"We're excited to welcome Exton's growing community to this new Whole Foods Market, which includes ample inside and outside spaces for family and friends to gather," Alison Marcantuno, the store team leader, said. "From our fresh produce and flowers to oven-ready, grab-and-go and prepared foods meal solutions, the store will offer fresh and healthy options for Exton shoppers."Subscribe
The new 50,000 square-foot store includes:
- Pike's, an in-store venue with a retro diner ambiance, serving tortas and tacos as well as beer, wine and a selection of mezcal & tequila.
- More than 75 local supplier products ranging from seasonal produce to local pork and chicken and a unique selection of ceramics, jewelry and gifts.
- An expansive cheese department featuring exclusive local cheeses from Yellow Springs Dairy in Chester Springs as well as a robust national and international selection of sheep, goat and cow's milk offerings.
- Full-service meat and seafood departments featuring Global Animal Partnership 5 Step Animal Welfare-rated meat and sustainable seafood staffed by expert meat cutters and fishmongers.
- Made in-house specialties including: hand-tossed pizza, corn & flour tortillas and tortilla chips made with local Castle Valley Mill grains, and a selection of dips such as rutabaga, collard green, and guacamole.
- A large, seasonal rooftop with a fire pit where customers can enjoy food and draft beer.
Additionally, the store will be hiring about 125 staffers for various positions in the store.
Visit Whole Foods' website here to see positions and to apply. There will also be hiring events on on Dec. 6 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Dec. 8 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Exton Square Mal.
Prospective candidates can also Text "Hire Me" to (610) 624-8686 for more information.
Whole Foods was recently purchased by Amazon and the merger was complete on Aug. 28.
With the acquisition, Whole Foods dropped prices on items such as bananas, organic avocados, organic large brown eggs, organic responsibly-farmed salmon and tilapia, organic baby kale and baby lettuce, animal-welfare-rated 85 percent lean ground beef, creamy and crunchy almond butter, organic Gala and Fuji apples, organic rotisserie chicken, 365 Everyday Value organic butter and much more.
A sign at a Whole Foods Market greets shoppers, Monday, Aug. 28, 2017, in Tampa, Fla. Parent company Amazon has announced they will drop the prices on certain food items at the stores. (AP Photo/Chris O'Meara)