If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk,
it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance
of a REALTOR®*.
A real estate transaction is one of the biggest financial investments you will experience in your lifetime. The value of using a professional during this very important process will easily offset the cost you will incur. If you're still not convinced of the value of a real estate agent, here are five great reasons to help convince you:
1. A Realtor has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not advertised. Your agent has the tools and industry relationships to investigate the market and find all available properties.
2. There are many negotiating factors when buying a home, including price, terms, date of possession and the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings. Your agent will expertly advise you how to manage the buying process from beginning to end.
3. Your Realtor will provide objective information about each property. Agents have access to a variety of informational resources, such as utilities, zoning, schools, etc.
4. Your agent will provide necessary due diligence during the property evaluation. This could include inspections for termites, water damage, faulty structure, roof condition, and well tests, just to name a few. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. Trident Land Transfer can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
5. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), MANY questions will arise. Your agent, working closely with Trident Mortgage Company and Trident Land Transfer, will guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows smoothly. The required paperwork is overwhelming for most buyers. Your agent is the best person to help you resolve issues and move the transaction to smooth closing (or settlement).
Why you should use a Realtor
3 min read