MALVERN, PA – It's time for trick or treating yet again in Malvern Borough and we have details when to head out and collect that coveted Halloween candy, and when homeowners should expect knocks at their doors.
Kids 12 and under are invited to trick or treat in Malvern from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Tuesday Oct. 31, Halloween night itself.
Trick or treaters should only visit homes which have outside lights on.
Parents walking with their children, using reflective tape, or carrying a flashlight will go a long way towards keeping you and your children safe.Subscribe
Authorities have the following tips for trick or treaters:
- Children should only visit homes that have their porch lights on.
- Inspect your children's candy before they eat it, especially for those with food allergies (some people use teal pumpkins to distribute allergy-free treats).
- Make sure children know their phone number and address — and to provide this information to a police officer in an emergency.
- Plan and discuss the trick-or-treat route you will take.
- Establish a time for children to return home.
- Teach children to travel in familiar areas, stop only at well-lit houses and never enter a stranger's home.
- Stay on sidewalks and avoid walking in streets, if possible. Cross streets only at the corner and never cross between parked vehicles or mid-block.
- When trick-or-treating, use battery-powered lights, keep your devices charged and pick a place to meet if you get lost.
Authorities also urge drivers to stay under the speed limit in residential areas, in case trick-or-treaters may dart out in front of cars.
Image via Shutterstock